Then I checked the new postsecret for the week. If you don't know what postsecret is, it's described on their website as "an ongoing community art project where people
mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard." The secrets are sometimes jarring and fucked up, and sometimes they're extremely sad... sometimes they are moments of joy people want to share with the world... sometimes they are cries for help. But postsecret brings people together, in that there is comfort knowing that there is someone else who feels the way you do... So in light of that introduction... this week...
there was a card that looked like this...
And it looked really familiar to me... I knew the same card had been sent in last week, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what it said...Sometimes if the secrets move me, remind me of someone, make me laugh or make me think, I save them... so I was looking through my saved secrets... and I had saved it... here's what the original said.

I had saved it because it made me excited that a guy had written that, and it made me laugh, and it sounds like something I would say. Haha.
This obviously made me cry... I always see these postsecrets that are like "i love him and he doesn't know it" or something like that... or the even sadder "i'm hoping that you sent that card in..." and there's so much hope with no backing... I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever reads the secret they were meant to...
Until this. This made me so happy.
Sometimes fate beats the hell out of coincidence, love beats the hell out of fear, saying something beats the hell out of leaving things unsaid, and letting go of your secrets beats the hell out of keeping them all inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment