Sunday, June 22, 2008

Underneath

To say that my bad luck streak is over would be a complete understatement.

I went out last night, when my original plan was to stay in, and oh my gosh... how happy am I that I did?

I saw old friends that I hadn't seen in forever, made new ones, hung out with my bests, played some piano and had a great time.

Why is it that drinks and musical instruments always seem to mix?

I met a cool guy. I don't want to jinx it... but it was the perfect luck that I needed. Lol.

One of the great things about being an English major is the poetry readings!

Jeannine Hall Gailey was this really cool poet that came to our school last year... and when I was going through a really shitty time in my life. Well, I went to her poetry reading, and heard the empowering poems from her "Becoming the Villainess." I bought the book and she signed it "To Heidi- Always a superheroine, never a villainess!" And that was exactly the encouragement that I needed at that point in time... Right before the turning point of my bad luck streak I accidentally happened across the book and reread what she had written. It's always amazing how things like that have the power to re-inspire you throughout your life. If you wanna check out Jeannine's poetry, have a look here.

No comments: