Thursday, June 5, 2008

Endless Summer

So in celebration of the realization that this summer will be the first summer I'm single in the past 5 years... I made a fabulous Summer playlist on imeem. In case you don't know, imeem is an internet music sharing site, and while you have to be connected to the internet and the songs are streaming... I have found some of the most obscure performances on this site... everything from live versions to versions of Jason Mraz songs that I didn't know existed... old Duke Ellington, to lesser known new indie bands...

Here's what my playlist looks like:
Mae- Summertime
Zwan- Endless Summer
Regina Spektor- Summer in the City
Coheed and Cambria- Blood Red Summer
The Rocket Summer- So Much Love
Coldplay- Viva La Vida
The Age of Rockets- Avada Kedavra
Styrofoam- Other Side of Town
Faded Paper Figures- B Film
Kings of Leon- The Bucket
The Cool Kids- Pump Up the Volume
M.I.A.- Paper Planes
Destiny's Child- Lose my Breath

Wanna take a listen? Go here.



Also, congrats to Obama for the nomination... I'm not big on politics, but I like Obama a lot... McCain is also decent... and unlike the last election which was "pick the lesser of two evils..." I really feel like this time around it really is "pick the better candidate." And I'm very excited to see what happens.

Also, my best friend, Katja, will be home in about 12 hours and me and my friends are gonna have the best weekend ever... including a trip to downtown for an indie dance party night on Sunday night!! I am so excited... I've only ever been out to downtown once... and we went to a bar where a guy got killed like a month later... classy. I'm just so excited I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep.

and Katja's dad warned me of the evils of homemade liquor because of the yeast content... that being said...

Lesson learned...

No comments: