Hey! This blog entry is named after Coldplay's awesome new song. I'm excited for their album to come out... there has been a lot of speculation about the religious and political content of the lyrics of the songs that have already been released, but I don't feel like Coldplay is being preachy or overbearing... yet... we'll see when their album comes out.
The job hunt continues to frustrate me. I filled out a few more online applications today... Best Buy, JCPenney and Joann Fabrics... the latter two rejected me... "you aren't what our company is looking for at this time..." I absolutely hate that! Why'd you make me spend 45 minutes on your stupid application?
I'd probably be better off doing freelance writing jobs for small fees... at least I'd be making SOMETHING for the 45 minutes I'd be spending on the computer...
I'll let you know if anything interesting happens on the job front.
I really wish I had some money right now, because if I did I would be purchasing the new cd/dvd set from The National. The dvd is called A Skin, A Night and it's a documentary done about the band... and the cd, The Virginia EP, includes the fabulous song, "About Today," that was featured in an episode of Grey's Anatomy this past season. You should definitely check it out if you're a fan of the band, and if you're not... definitely give a listen to either The Boxer or The Alligator... both awesome albums by the band.
Also, if you're interested in checking out cool things... You should look up the trailer for a movie coming out in July called The Wackness. This movie stars the amazingly handsome Josh Peck, from one of my favorite t.v. shows, Drake and Josh, as well as the adorable Olivia Thirlby, also known as Leah, from Juno... Mary Kate Olsen and Method Man are also in it. Haha. I cannot wait to see this movie.
I really feel like the past three weeks of my life have been wasted, and that there are more and more things that I want, that I can't have, because I don't have any money... it's become increasingly depressing... lol.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment