I've been recently doing a bunch of things that I never really got to do or considered doing before in my life.
I have been working on getting my license for ministry. This means I can perform weddings and start my own church. I've already been ordained and received my certificate.
I have been working on starting my own website for military wives and girlfriends. It's called http://iloveamilitaryman.com. It's so much harder than I thought.
I've been job searching and freelance writing for different clients in the mean time. Not making a ton of money, but hopefully enough to visit Alex soon.
I've just downloaded Justin Vernon's "Self-Record" or "Self-Titled" album from 2005. I can't find the lyrics anywhere, so I'm working on transcribing them myself. It's pretty hard because he's a hard guy to understand... but something is better than nothing.
I got to go on a Naval destroyer when I visited Alex last. For like 12 hours. We rode on the Atlantic and they shot off blanks on the guns. I got to meet Alex's buds, and I think they approve... his best friend's last name is Bailey... how weird is that?
I feel weird being at home when everyone else is in school. I feel like a guest in my house every time it smells like fall, because fall and spring are the two times that I've barely spent any time at home in the past four years.
I have also been staying up late. Obviously.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
The Orient. And the Gatby's Slew of Choices
Labels:
Justin Vernon,
military girlfriends,
military wives,
ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment