Tuesday, March 31, 2009

With the Notes in My Ears


Grey's Anatomy has had some really good music this season... from Bon Iver and Gomez (who will be at Bonaroo this summer... I want to go so badly!!) to Peter Broderick, "With the Notes in My Ears," and The Cinematic Orchestra, "To Build a Home." Definitely songs worth checking out.

Also, Manchester Orchestra's new song is really good. I'll give you a link for that one.

In other music news, I recently bought a melodica that is on it's way to my house.

The melodica is a pretty cool musical instrument. I first saw it at Jason Mraz's concert. Lisa Hannigan and her wonderful band opened for Mraz, and I was like "what in the world is that keyboard they are blowing into?" I forgot all about it until I saw videos from Bon Iver's Take Away Show in France. For, Emma is awesome with a melodica (thanks Katja for showing me this link in the first place). Justin Vernon is such an amazing musician. I looked up the instrument, and knew I had to purchase one.


My fellow classmates and I have recently been writing about animal experiences in our Nonfiction class, and after reading a story about groundhog's, I wanted to share a website with you that is all about animals and guaranteed to brighten your day.

No comments: